For ferrous metals we have a range of cut-off wheels that provides outstanding sectioning results. When choosing the correct Aka-Cut cut-off wheel you obtain a plane sample surface with minimal mechanical deformation and thermal damage. Long lifetime and high reproducibility are guaranteed when using our cut-off wheels of highest quality. Different diameters are available for all our abrasive cut-off wheels. Our precision cut-off wheels are available in 150 mm dia. Our cut-off wheels for ferrous metals are all based on Al2O3, the most efficient abrasive for these materials.
- Aka-Cut Fe60 is the optimal choice for ferrous metals and steels with an approximate hardness of 60 HRC or in the range of 500-1000 HV.
- Aka-Cut Fe50 is the optimal choice for ferrous metals and steels with an approximate hardness of 50 HRC or in the range of 350-700 HV.
- Aka-Cut 500 HV is the optimal choice for ferrous metals with a hardness of approximately 250-500 HV. Al2O3 ensures the best cutting results possible for ferrous metals and steels. Aka-Cut 500 HV is reinforced with a special fiberweb on both sides for maximum durability. This means that it can better withstand the internal stress and tension in surface hardened workpieces and the risk of wheel breakage is therefore reduced.
- Aka-Cut 1000 HV is a precision cut-off wheel and the optimal choice when cutting ferrous metals with a hardness of 500-1000 HV.
- Aka-Cut 700 HV is a precision cut-off wheel optimised for cutting ferrous metals with a hardness of 150-700 HV.